Executive Board & Key Position Structure
Sister Cities Association of Sarasota is managed by an executive board consisting of the President, Secretary, Treasurer and Vice Presidents for Business & Economic Development, Cities and Candidate Cities, Grants & Fund Raising, Communications, Education, Arts & Culture, Sports and the Sarasota County appointed Youth Ambassador.
Other Key Positions
- City Directors for facilitating relationship with our Sister Cities come under the umbrella responsibility of the Vice President for Cities & Candidate Cities. Vice City Directors may be delegated to represent the City Director on a case by case basis, as determined by the City Director.
- The Director of Advertising & Sponsorships comes under the umbrella responsibility of the Vice President for Grants & Fund Raising.
- The Director of Events comes under the umbrella responsibility of the Vice President for Membership.
- The Director of Public Relations and the Editor of the Bridges Newsletter comes under the umbrella responsibility of the Vice President for Communications.
- Committees under the umbrella of the Vice President for Education include Primary & Secondary Education, Higher Education, and Youth Development.
- The Protocol Chair serves as advisor to the President, the executive board and the city directors.
Board Member Support
Sister Cities Association of Sarasota Executive Board Members voluntary donation support for the first three quarters of FY 2012 (Oct 1, 2011–Sep 30, 2012) is 100 percent. The eight elected board members have voluntarily donated $3,555.00 as of June 30. 2012. Board contribution support has been 100 percent consistently for more than the last 10 years.
- Dallas Dort 1963–1967
- Donald Spivey 1968–1975
- Wells Purmort 1976–1987
- Julio Claret 1989–1991
- Asim Mohammed 1992–1994
- Hope Byrnes 1995–2000
- Linda Rosenbluth 2001–2005
- William Wallace 2006–2007
- Carla Rayman 2008–April 2011
- John T. (Tom) Halbert May 2011–2013
- Beth Ruyle-Hullinger April 2013–2016